We feel distressed when we go to watch a film with huge expectations and it isn’t imposing. This year, we have countersigned many star hero films which disappointed movie buffs utterly. Here are the films:
1. Dictator: This 99th film of Balakrishna released for the Pongal with good expectations. Eros International had produced the film directed by Sriwass whose previous film Loukyam was a super hit. Ace writers Kona Venkat and Gopi Mohan had also associated with the project. Nonetheless, the film ended as a disaster due to poor writing and outdated making.
2. Sardaar Gabbar Singh: Gabbar Singh is special film in Power Star Pawan Kalyan’s career. The movie had provided much needed break for the actor when he was going through lean phase for almost 10 years without a hit. So, fans waited eagerly for Sardaar Gabbar Singh and the Bobby directed film got record openings. However, the film went on to become a disaster owing to pathetic narration.
3. Brahmotsavam: Mahesh Babu was in career best form, before release of this film. It is the second film in Mahesh and Srikanth Addala’s combination. It was promoted to be another clean family entertainer like the director’s previous films. Even, Mahesh Babu fans and family audiences were upset with outcome of the film. It was more or less a TV serial content. Brahmotsavam got least TRP ratings, when it was first premiered in TVs.
4. Manamantha: Mohanlal is not so familiar for Telugu audiences, since he was out of Telugu films for almost a decade. Manamantha marked his comeback to Tollywood. Though expectations were decent on the film, those who watched spoke extremely positive about it. The film got optimistic response from critics as well. Unfortunately, due to heavy budget spent on eth film and also because of low key promotions, Manamantha ended as a flop.
5. Babu Bangaram: Victory Venkatesh has been waiting for a commercial hit for long time. When successful director Maruthi released first look teaser of the film, everybody stated vintage Venkatesh is back. The one dialogue ‘Ayyo Ayyo Ayyayyo’ in the teaser lured fans to wait for release of the film which botched to reach the expectations. The film was so boring that, audience got out of theaters midway.
6. Thikka: Sai Dharam Tej was in full swing with back to back hits. Thikka trailer had got thumping response. Huge budget, indeed, highest ever in SDT was spent on the project and sumptuousness was witnessed in every single frame. But, the film turned out as biggest disaster for SDT. Due to negative mouth talk, theaters appeared empty from matinee shows itself.